Shop Hop

Shop Hop was pretty fun this year! I definitely went about it with more gusto than usual. I went alone on Thursday, with Kathy on Friday, and with Loris and Lorraine on Saturday! 34 shops total, plus a few that weren't even on the "official" list. Whew! I did spend too much - as always. And added to my UFO list. Bummer. But fun though!

This is the official Shop Hop fabric. Each shop gives you a pattern and fabric to make one block when you get your passport stamped. Ultimately you can make a quilt out of all the blocks you collect. I bought some extra fabric to go with, since I never seem to have enough to finish the blocks I collect:
This is most of what I bought - a few kits, and some cute red gingham fabric to make a "picnic" quilt.

These are some of the "toys" I bought - a larger Add-A-Quarter ruler for paper piecing, a shiny new Angler (mine was getting really torn up), and a few patterns (can't resist).
And this is some fabric I bought for Steve. It's not the same as the original "Jell-O Jams" he had when he was a kid, but it's the closest I've found so far. The Jell-O Jams are kind of a legend in his family - I've heard about them since the first time I met his family! I don't think there's enough here for pants (Steve's kind of long), but maybe some sleeping shorts? We'll see.

All in all, Shop Hop was fun. The finds were great, but I enjoy the time with friends most of all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFO #10 Complete... A Long Time Coming

Apple Crisp Quilt Done!

Baby Quilt a la Stack & Slash