A Couple of Finishes!

I've finished a couple of things! This first one was a kit form the quilt shop in Sisters, OR - a Christmas gift from my generous sister-in-law in 2005! It's actually been quilted for almost 2 years and I finally just finished the binding. Not sure what the holdup was...

Bright Valorie Wells Flowers

I also finished my UFO Challenge #2 quilt - the Hawaiian squares quilt! I bought the charm pack (WAY before they were called that) in 2002 at a shop called Comfy Quilts down in University Place, near Tacoma and the Gig Harbor bridge. I made the top in 2009, and just finally finished it now... after several different iterations of the border. Only 12 years from start to finish... perfect!

Hawaiian Squares Quilt

And the back...

Hawaiian Squares Quilt Back

Turned out fine! And because I'm trying to meet a deadline for giving this quilt away, I did a machine binding! That went OK too... reasonably tidy, which is good for me! I washed the quilt, and it was fine... but I took it out of the dryer damp. One of the red fabrics decided to bleed after the fact... SO ANNOYING! Now I'm trying to fix that before the deadline. Argh. Oh well... the end is in sight!

TTFN! Betsy

Comments

Unknown said…
Very nice Betsy! It's always nice to FINISH

Popular posts from this blog

UFO #10 Complete... A Long Time Coming

Apple Crisp Quilt Done!

Baby Quilt a la Stack & Slash