Dyeing wool


Orange dyed wool
Originally uploaded by theercs
I can hardly believe how long it's been since I've posted. Molly and Micha, this one's for you! I think since the UFO challenge got completed, everything seems a little ho-hum.

However I did get to take a wool dyeing class last weekend! It was really interesting. I don't know if it's something I can do myself later (lots of supplies and tools I don't have), but it was fun! Now, the instructor took the wool home to steam set it (one of those tools). So I'm just waiting to get it back - I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Comments

Micha said…
That sounds like a dangerous new hobby :) You'll have to share once you get it back, say maybe August's meeting :)
Anonymous said…
I think you can set died wool in the microwave. I have some articles from a British knitting magazine if you are interested.

Popular posts from this blog

UFO #10 Complete... A Long Time Coming

Apple Crisp Quilt Done!

Baby Quilt a la Stack & Slash