The quilting is done on this little baby quilt. I started out thinking I was going to just do the "lazy baby stitch." It's the loose zig zag that I've done on several baby quilts - fast and easy! However, because of the angles and rectangle shape of these blocks, I couldn't picture it looking very good in the end. If I did it from corner it just added too many more "angley" lines. If I just did it on the horizontal and vertical lines where the blocks line up... kinda boring, and I'm not sure it would be enough quilting.
So back to free motion it went, which went pretty well. I kind of liked the "enhanced" butterfly design - adding a second echo around his wings and adding antennae most of the time (although I see a few in the pic that don't have them) added a little pizzaz to the butterfly.
I'll post again when it's completed... just trimming and binding to go! Yeah!