2014 UFO Challenge

I didn't do any quilting challenges last year. However, I feel like it really does help. It motivates me to have a goal, but it also really is nice to have friends to go along with! I'm doing this UFO (UnFinished Object) Challenge with my church quilt group - I love these women!

We decided to choose 10 UFO's each - one for each month from now until the end of the year. Of course I couldn't seem to just pick 10. I have 17 that are at the point of needing quilted, or very close to that. I think some were on my 2011 and 2012 UFO lists. Ugh. It'd be so nice to have them done! Here's my list this year:

1. 5" Bohemian charm pack

          Betsy's Charm Pack Split Nine Patch Quilt

2. 6” Hawaiian squares

          IMG_0059

3. Baby faces quilt for church babies

          Baby faces

4. Boy Toys Baby

          IMG_2002

5. Bright Valori Wells Flowers

          betsy's bright valorie wells flowers quilt

6. Coffee Quilt (why do I not have any pictures of this one?)

7. Courthouse Steps

          courthouse steps

8. Emily's Scraps charmed baby quilt

         DSC_1200_2

9. Jar Quilt

          Betsy Jar Quilt

10. Jelly roll race quilt

          Betsy's Jelly Roll Race Quilt Top

11. King's Ransom w Kaffe Fassett

          IMG_0714

12. Las Vegas Jelly Breakfast

          Betsy's Jelly Breakfast

13. Lilac Quilt

         Betsy's Lilac Quilt

14. McKenna Ryan chicken wallhanging

          McKenna Ryan Chickens

15. Nine Patch a Day

         Betsy's Nine-Patch A Day Quilt

16. Nine Patch Exchange

          Betsy Nine Patch Quilt

17. Turning 20

          Turning 20 back done too

Lori over at The Inbox Jaunt has a great series going about building a Quilt Notebook. She has you list all your projects, and actually review what excited you about them originally, and what's making you stall now. Maybe you don't like it any more... get rid of it! Maybe you don't have the skills to do the next step... take a class. It was nice to review my projects a little more carefully!

Doing the machine quilting is generally my hangup - deciding what to quilt that's appropriate for the quilt, and having the skills to pull that off. Looks like it's my year to get confident at machine quilting - Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen is going to get a workout! (Wish I could afford to take their cool seminar at Snowbird - maybe someday.)

I hope I'm not setting myself up for failure. Sometimes (ok most of the time) I avoid setting goals because then I can't lose! Dumb, I know. As some wise person has said, if you don't aim at anything, you'll be sure to hit it. Here's to goals!

Betsy

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love all these quilts. I have a pile of tops that need quilted too. I hope to see your progress posted as you go.

Popular posts from this blog

UFO #10 Complete... A Long Time Coming

Apple Crisp Quilt Done!

Baby Quilt a la Stack & Slash