Today...no sewing, but fun!

Today I was off, and so was Steve! Man we had fun today! We had the best breakfast I've had in a LONGGG time at Maltby Cafe. Maybe it's because we haven't been there in a while, but I think it was the best we've ever had there. My scramble (chicken rosemary sausage and sun-dried tomatoes) was excellent, the potatoes were just the right mushiness, and the bacon was done superbly! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!
Then, to top it all off, we went antique shopping for a while up in Snohomish. We don't usually buy a ton (except additions to my small cookbook collection), but today I found this treasure! Can you believe it?! It's so cute - millions of yo-yo's, with another pattern of yellow yo-yo's - made of lots of lovely 30's and 40's fabrics - and in great condition! I'm so excited! It's evening now, and I'm still smiling!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds so wonderful - a day in Snohomish! I haven't done that in years! When we first moved to the Seattle area in 1970, my husband stayed with a little old couple in Snohomish until the kids and I could move there. So it has always been one of my favorite places. And now our very dear friends live in that area. So we need to go visit them and eat at the Maltby cafe. Loved that quilt - what a great find! I haven't been blogging for a while cuz I just haven't had time to get in my sewing room - hopefully soon.
Blessings, Sherry

Popular posts from this blog

UFO #10 Complete... A Long Time Coming

Apple Crisp Quilt Done!

Baby Quilt a la Stack & Slash